Strengthen the Core℠
Aesthetic Marketing and Practice Management Consulting℠
18
Jun

Paycheck Reality Check

Napa, Calif. — At the fall Cosmetic Bootcamp (CBC), an expert cautioned new nonphysician aesthetic providers against unrealistic financial expectations. Mary Beth Hagen, CEO/founder of TITAN Aesthetic Recruiting, said she often counsels nonphysician providers entering aesthetic practices that first-year dermatologists don’t make the average dermatologist’s annual salary in fellowship. “So for this first year or...
Read More
13
Jun

Nonphysician Compensation: Meeting in the Middle

Napa, Calif. — At the fall edition of The Cosmetic Bootcamp (CBC), attendees learned about attitudes that can make salary negotiations difficult. Having worked in aesthetic medicine for 15 years, Mary Beth Hagen, CEO/founder of TITAN Aesthetic Recruiting, undertook the first-ever survey of nonphysician compensation because she grew tired of hearing the following complaints: “My...
Read More
11
Jun

Commissions and Bonuses

Napa, Calif. — A survey of nonphysician compensation unveiled at the fall Cosmetic Bootcamp (CBC) showed that experienced respondents prioritize commissions and bonuses to a greater extent than novice injectors do. Regarding payment structures, 67% of respondents considered commission or bonus potential the most important component. The remaining 33%, who prioritized base salary, were primarily...
Read More
4
Jun

Complexity of Nonphysician Compensation

Napa, Calif. — At the fall Cosmetic Bootcamp (CBC), attendees learned that some nonphysician providers may have difficulty understanding how they’re paid. The first-ever survey of nonphysician aesthetic provider compensation showed that with variables including salary, hourly pay, commissions, bonuses and benefits, virtually every respondent gave a different answer, said Mary Beth Hagen. She is...
Read More
30
May

Nonmonetary Benefits

Napa, Calif. — A survey unveiled at the fall Cosmetic Bootcamp (CBC) reflected the importance of continuing medical education (CME) and other nonmonetary employee benefits. Mary Beth Hagen said, “We found that if you were a full-time employee, you were much more likely to get additional benefits — such as life insurance, medical benefits, profit-sharing...
Read More
28
May

Nonphysician Provider Compensation by Specialty

Napa, Calif. — At the most recent Cosmetic Bootcamp (CBC), attendees learned some of the factors behind physician extender compensation levels in various core aesthetic specialties. A survey sponsored by TITAN Aesthetic Recruiting showed that nonphysician aesthetic providers who worked for plastic or facial plastic surgeons earned the most: $170,000 annually. “What you’re seeing there...
Read More
21
May

Average Nonphysician Provider Salary: $158,670

Napa, Calif. — At the fall edition of The Cosmetic Bootcamp (CBC), attendees learned that numbers alone may understate the complexity of aesthetic nonphysician provider compensation. A recent survey showed that on average, full-time nonphysician aesthetic providers earn $158,670. But with variables including salary, hourly pay, commissions, bonuses and benefits, said Mary Beth Hagen, virtually...
Read More
14
May

Prescription for Freedom

Napa, Calif. — Attendees learned about potential advantages of FDA-registered compounding facilities at the fall Cosmetic Bootcamp (CBC). Many combination products available through FDA 503B-registered outsourcing facilities are unavailable from traditional drug developers, said Wm. Philip Werschler, M.D. That’s because commercial drugs must stick to the claims approved by the FDA through the new drug...
Read More
1 2 3 23